28 Games Later – NHL 13 GM Connected – League Rules
Last edit: 9/11/2012
- Rosters will be randomized to ensure a fair distribution of talent.
- You can control your team one or more ways:
a) Solo, or one-vs-X play;
b) Co-op, or two-vs-X play;
c) OTP style, or up to 6-vs-X play;
d) Coach, where you monitor the game in real-time, changing lines and adjusting strategies while the AI plays for you;
e) AI, where you adjust your strategies and lines in advance and games are played and/or simulated without your interaction.
- All league games will be played on All-Star difficulty.
- The in-game message system should only be used to trash-talk one another.
- Scheduling will be set to TWO WEEKS. This allows two weeks for all teams to play any games within that schedule period.
- Scheduled games during that two-week period may be played in any order.
- The schedule will be advanced at the two-week mark without exception.
- The schedule may be advanced prior to the two-week mark provided a majority of league members vote to do so.
- Any games left unplayed when the schedule advances will be simulated.
Trades and Acquisitions
- Trades with AI-controlled teams may be reviewable at the commissioner’s discretion and/or on complaint from any league GM.
- Free agent signings – in particular, contract terms – may be reviewable at the commissioner’s discretion.
- Waiver claims are not reviewable.
- The review period for abuse of Trades or FA Signings will consist of an open discussion on the 28GL mailing list, but final decision will be made by the commissioner.
- Abuse of trades and/or FA signings could result in:
a) nullification of trade/signing;
b) forfeiture of draft picks, if possible;
c) loss of GM privileges (suspension) for the remainder of that schedule period.
- Post-season drafts are automated based on a Draft Priority List (DPL), per EA.
- You are responsible for your scouting and DPL assignments.
- CPU will draft for you automatically based on the DPL rankings and/or franchise needs in later rounds.
- You must notify the league if you expect you’ll be away for one or more schedule periods.
a) This ensures opponents can plan games accordingly;
b) Notifying the league ensures your roster will be protected against trades.
- Extended absence without notice, outside of holidays, means your team may be set to AI-controlled to ensure the league schedule progresses as expected.
- At the commissioner’s discretion and/or on complaint from any league member, inactive members may be permanently removed from the league pending league discussion.
- If you believe someone has resorted to cheese goals or some other method of unsportsmanlike play, record the replay using in-game tools or a phone/camera and send it to the commissioner.
- Complaints without video evidence will be ignored.
- After viewing, the commissioner will release the video to the league for discussion but final decision will be made by the commissioner.
- Cheating may result in:
a) a warning, if first-time offense;
b) forfeiture of the win, if applicable;
c) forfeiture of draft picks, if possible.
- Continuing to cheat may result in:
a) suspension of one or more schedule blocks;
b) suspension through the remainder of the current season;
c) full removal of GM control.
- The commissioner for the first season will be Jay (GT: jaarons)
- The commissioner for subsequent seasons will be determined by league discussion and/or vote on completion of playoffs.
- At any time, if any league member feels the commissioner is derelict of duty and/or not performing as expected, the league may conduct a vote to remove that commissioner and appoint a replacement, per EA.